By James F. English
- Focuses at the fiction that has emerged because the overdue Nineteen Seventies, approximately because the begin of the Thatcher era.
- Comprises unique essays from significant scholars.
- Topics variety from the increase and fall of the postcolonial novel to controversies over the fame author.
- The emphasis is regularly fiction scene, from bookstores and prizes to the altering economics of movie adaptation.
- Enables scholars to learn modern works of British fiction with a far clearer experience of the place they healthy inside of British cultural life.
Read or Download A Concise Companion to Contemporary British Fiction PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Lengthy on the centre of the modernist undertaking, from modifying Eliot's The Waste Land to publishing Joyce, Pound has additionally been a provocateur and instigator of recent events, whereas starting up a brand new poetics. this is often the 1st quantity to summarize and research the a number of contexts of Pound's paintings, underlining the importance of his contribution and drawing on new archival, textual and theoretical experiences.
Brian Friel’s Dramatic Artistry offers a refreshingly extensive diversity of voices: new paintings from a few of the best English-speaking experts on Friel, and engaging essays from students in Germany, Italy, Portugal, and Hungary. This publication deepens our wisdom and delight of Friel’s work.
This booklet is the 1st assortment on Indo-Caribbean women's writing and the 1st paintings to supply a sustained research of the literature from various theoretical and important views, similar to ecocriticism, feminist, queer, post-colonial and Caribbean cultural theories. The essays not just lay the framework of an rising and growing to be box, but additionally severely situate across the world acclaimed writers comparable to Shani Mootoo, Lakshmi Persaud and Ramabai Espinet inside this rising culture.
For the reason that Silent Spring used to be released in 1962, the variety of texts concerning the flora and fauna written by means of ladies has grown exponentially. The essays in ladies Writing Nature: A Feminist View argue that ladies writing within the twentieth century are using the historic connection of ladies and the flora and fauna in various methods.
- Nature's Nightmare: Analyzing David Foster Wallace's Oblivion
- Thomas Hardy in Context (Literature in Context)
- Society and Neighbourhood in Jane Austen´s 'Emma'
- Passion's Triumph over Reason: A History of the Moral Imagination from Spenser to Rochester
- Trapped in Thought: A Study of the Beckettian Mentality (Irish Studies)
Extra resources for A Concise Companion to Contemporary British Fiction
A Concise Companion to Contemporary British Fiction by James F. English
- Read e-book online Standing On Holy Ground: Talking With God PDF
- PhD Adel Al-Atawneh's Who Shall Command the Skylark Not to Sing? PDF