By Pelagia Goulimari
This awfully beneficial quantity deals an creation to the background of literary feedback and thought from historic Greece to the current. Grounded within the shut analyzing of landmark theoretical texts, whereas trying to inspire the reader's serious reaction, Pelagia Goulimari examines:
- major thinkers and critics from Plato and Aristotle to Foucault, Derrida, Kristeva, acknowledged and Butler;
- key options, subject matters and colleges within the historical past of literary idea: mimesis, suggestion, cause and emotion, the self, the relation of literature to heritage, society, tradition and ethics, feminism, poststructuralism, postcolonialism, queer theory;
- genres and events in literary historical past: epic, tragedy, comedy, the radical; Romanticism, realism, modernism and postmodernism.
Historical connections among theorists and theories are traced and the e-book is generously cross-referenced. With worthy beneficial properties similar to key-point conclusions, additional examining sections, descriptive textual content bins, unique headings, and with a complete index, this e-book is the proper creation to somebody coming near near literary idea for the 1st time or unusual with the scope of its history.
Read or Download Literary Criticism and Theory: From Plato to Postcolonialism PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Lengthy on the centre of the modernist venture, from modifying Eliot's The Waste Land to publishing Joyce, Pound has additionally been a provocateur and instigator of latest events, whereas starting up a brand new poetics. this can be the 1st quantity to summarize and research the a number of contexts of Pound's paintings, underlining the value of his contribution and drawing on new archival, textual and theoretical experiences.
Brian Friel’s Dramatic Artistry provides a refreshingly wide diversity of voices: new paintings from a number of the major English-speaking experts on Friel, and engaging essays from students in Germany, Italy, Portugal, and Hungary. This e-book deepens our wisdom and pleasure of Friel’s work.
This publication is the 1st assortment on Indo-Caribbean women's writing and the 1st paintings to supply a sustained research of the literature from a number of theoretical and important views, akin to ecocriticism, feminist, queer, post-colonial and Caribbean cultural theories. The essays not just lay the framework of an rising and growing to be box, but additionally seriously situate the world over acclaimed writers equivalent to Shani Mootoo, Lakshmi Persaud and Ramabai Espinet inside of this rising culture.
In view that Silent Spring used to be released in 1962, the variety of texts in regards to the wildlife written through girls has grown exponentially. The essays in ladies Writing Nature: A Feminist View argue that ladies writing within the twentieth century are using the ancient connection of ladies and the flora and fauna in different methods.
- National 5 & Higher English: Scottish Short Texts (Natonal 5 & Higher English)
- Utopian Geographies and the Early English Novel
- Textual Mothers/Maternal Texts: Motherhood in Contemporary Women’s Literatures
- Feed-Forward: On the Future of Twenty-First-Century Media
Extra resources for Literary Criticism and Theory: From Plato to Postcolonialism
Literary Criticism and Theory: From Plato to Postcolonialism by Pelagia Goulimari
- Get Balancing Public and Private Health Care Systems: The PDF
- Un nuovo battito (Italian Edition) - download pdf or read online